Trevor Bauer (32), who played an active role as an ace in the major leagues, tried to make a new start with the Yokohama DeNA Baystars of the Japanese professional baseball league after the controversy over sexual assault, but was plagued by injuries from the start.
Japanese media Sports Hochi said on the 30th, “Bauer complained of pulling symptoms in his right shoulder. He will not enter the rehabilitation group, but plans to continue adjusting while checking his condition.”
Bauer is an ace pitcher with a record of 83 wins, 69 losses and an ERA of 3.79 in 222 major league games (1297⅔ innings). In 2020, he went 5-4 with a 1.73 earned run average in 11 games (73 innings) and won the National League Cy Young Award. Ahead of the 2021 season, he signed a three-year, $102 million (approximately 133.2 billion won) contract with the Dodgers. However, he has not appeared in a major league game since June 29, 2021 (Korean time) as he was embroiled in a sexual assault controversy.
Major League Baseball issued a 342-game suspension to Bauer for alleged sexual assault. Bauer appealed and his suspension was reduced to 194 games, but the Dodgers eventually released Bauer. 바카라사이트
Since then, Bauer, who has not been able to find a team to belong to, tried to start a new start in Japanese professional baseball. At a press conference on his joining on the 24th, he said, “It will take time, but I hope to be ready to throw in the game during April.”
Bauer, who showed his will to play in the new league, seems to have hesitated due to bad news from the start. Attention is focusing on whether Bauer, who fell from being the best ace in the major leagues in an instant, will be able to make a comeback in Japan.